Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Camping with Dad

NOVEMBER 2009
We took a trip to Willow Beach with dad and went camping. On our way we had to cross the Hoover Dam. Snapped some pics of the work in progess of the new overpass. We had fun around the fire making smores, hiking up to the hot springs and hanging out..and hiding firewood around for my dad's return visit later. ;)

Day 2 of our camping experience. Caught my sisters snoozing. They LOVE me! :D Mike took a  morning hike. I zoomed in on his pic, but he's really much farther away than he appears. The cutest of all was Kaiden taking a hike around with my dad. Little buddies..oh and the amusement was Alaina cutting firewood. Great times! On the way home the traffic was backed up SO far to cross the Dam. I believe it was an accident that held us up. We were traveling in two trucks and since it was slow movin we hopped from truck to truck swopping snacks and leftover food. I remember pie..?.. haha It was fun. I got out of the truck and Heather and I decided to take a walk and see what all the fuss was about..aand she had a full bladder as well.  We happened upon a gentleman that needed a battery jump. We couldn't figure out why no one else would help him being that we were STUCK on the highway and not going anywhere. We were quite a few trucks down and told him that Mike would help him as we got closer to him. He offered money and we declined, but he still managed to throw a $20 bill in Mike's truck. The pic of me is on the side of the road waiting ever so patiently for traffic to flow.

No comments: