Sunday, April 19, 2009

The beginning of the Disneyland trip


The Birthday Girl!!



K in front of Mickey!




And here we are, sorta infront of Mickey.. there were too many people and we were too impatient to wait. Good enough for us! :) This was actually day two. The first day we didn't have Alaina, so we had to get the shot WITH her.. AND her Minnie ears.


We began our trip Thursday, April 2nd. We were planning on getting on the road by 7:30pm that night after I was off of work and Mike got back in town from work. Now, if you know me and my family, or just know my sister, Heather, ETA's are NEVER correct! Needless to say we ended up pulling out of town at 9:30pm.. but good thing she wasn't ready because I had forgotten my Ipod and you all know me and my music.. hah.. so I had to run home and get it! So, I'm sure you're thinking that, man! you must have gotten into Cali late!.. annndd.. you ARE correct! Can't remember exactly when.. but I believe it was somewhere around the 2am hour.. and yes, we were planning Heather's BIG day the next day to be at Disneyland.. How'd we do it, you ask?.. well, NOT bright and early, that's for sure! I think we went to bed somewhere after the 3am hour, that is all of us with the exception of the Diebels who had a baby girl that didn't wanna go to sleep. She has a hard time the first night, anywhere, so this was no different. Mama and daddy had to drive her around the parking lot like 100 times, so I hear. I wouldn't know, I was sawing logs! haha..


April 3rd-the BIG DAY


So, being that the continental breakfast is from 6:30am - 9:30am everyday, we had to make it to eat in that time. Yeah, each day was interesting, but we got it done. ;) So, yeah, that morning, after arriving at 2am, was a little hazy. I could go on and on and on with just how we DIDN'T get to Disneyland before 2pm, but I won't... we just didn't get there before 2pm. Another kicker, my younger sister was flying into Cali from Carson City that night at 7pm ish.. and my mom says that we will have to leave the park at 5pm. WHAT?? !! and we JUST got here at 2pm?? NO WAY! lol I love ya sis, but oh my.. well, we made other arrangements for her with a shuttle to go to our hotel room and she said she had work to still do anyway. So by the time we got back that night she had only been there a couple hours so we can't feel TOO bad, right?? I kinda did, but we were all going the next day too, and she totally understood, so it was all good. :) I love my sis! But DURING our first day there... ;) we enjoyed a lot of the rides, food and entertainment. It was great to just BE there.. and be outta the norm, hangin with family. The best part was the fact that Heather was SOOO SOOOO SOOO excited to be there and to be celebrating her 30th! She always radiates with energy, positiveness and FUN!..I just LOVE HER! I can't believe in all my 28 years she hasn't rubbed off on me! Dang it! It was so much fun! K had been there before, but he was still excited to be there. He, at first, wasn't as excited as I had thought he would be, until we actually were in lines for the rides. That was the coolest part of all the sacrifices I had to make to get us there, was to see him so excited! His first excitement overload was in line for the Star Tours ride. I, shamefully, actually got sick during the ride and left there feelin a lil queezy, but K was all at it during the whole ride and into every second! He was having a blast! It was fun to see. :)







No comments: