Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Videos, Memories,Random thoughts..aka My therapy :)

Little snipets of video of Kaiden during the egg hunt :)

Just LOVE my boy! He's getting so big! I remember his first Easter; hunting for eggs with him strapped to the front of me. He didn't help find any of the eggs though. :) Actually, he could care less at 4 months old! ;) Maddie could have really cared less too, and she is 14 months old! ha oh yeah, more to come on her! I have pics, of course I have pics.. she my cutest little girl! Kaiden says all the time he wishes she were his sister. It's kinda sad sometimes, but it's so cute! He tells me that randomly all the time. One day last fall, during soccer season Heather had come to one of the practices because she was putting together an awesome book for the coach (and parents) so she was taking pics. She had brought Maddie and Kaiden loved keeping an eye on her during the practice. It was kinda chilly that day and Maddie slept most the time in her stroller and gma and I were taking charge. He was so cute at making sure no one woke her up and he kept leaving practice to go see her.. then as we were leaving, driving down the street, he always has to keep up with whomever we have left and watches out for everyone's cars. So he says to me, "where's aunt Heather, where's her car". I told him that she was going the other way and I think he even asked about Maddie and I told him that she was going with her mommy and we were going home. He says to me, I hope I can remember this right, "I wish I had a sister, a sister AND a brother, I wish Maddie was my sister and she could go home with us. I wish there was a wishing well and I had a money and I would wish for (a sister, brother, or Maddie)" can't remember exactly which one he had said. It broke my heart and I felt so bad.. but what do ya do? The poor guy has been asking for a sibling for sooo lonnngg. He has even tried contemplating guys for me to date so I can marry one so I can have more kids.. haha this kid goes the whole 9 yards I'm tellin ya and is so funny. One night he says, "I'm thinking of someone you can date.. are you?". I laughed so hard when he said that! He's such a smart and creative kid. He's a great kid!.. have our trials like most do, but he's wonderful. I am very lucky!.. He's handled what he's been dealt VERY well. I think he's a special spirit that is strong enough to overcome such hard trials.. I can only imagine what the Lord has in store for him! I don't think he understands our situation much, but I've given him some insight when he's asked. Every now and again, and for some reason, more recently, he brings up his dad and me. He argued with me about our relationship in the past, as if HE were there.. haha.. yeah, I have an arguer/negotiator. :).. he kept insisting we were married because he was in my tummy.. ohh okkayyyy. . am I going to start getting these questions already? He's only 6 for heaven's sake!! Heaven help me!.. and I'm a terrible liar!lol.. I wouldn't lie to my son about any of that anyway, and especially with how I'm battling a lieing issue with HIM, that's not good to lie myself. So,I convinced him that, no, his dad and I weren't married when he was in my tummy and keeps insisting we be together.. yeah, uh.. WHAT do I say to all that?.. I have MANY things I want to say to that, but A LOT of it I shouldn't tell him, nor in the way I would LIKE to. ;).. but one day he'll get the whole picture and his dad will have a lot of questions to answer.. haha.. actually, just the other day he was talking to him on the phone and he brought that up, he said," dad, how come you didn't marry mommy when I was in her tummy?".. I about died when I heard him ask that.. we were driving to my cousins for dinner and I couldn't hear the conversation, but loved the fact that he said that to him! GOOD!!.. Yeah, you throw those questions out there buddy!!! haha Put him on the spot! ha.. and then Kaiden says, "dad, you said "I don't know" FOUR TIMES!".. hahahahahah THAT was hillarious. I'm sorry. I know I need to be more Christ like, and that is one of my biggest challenges in life right there, even though we are "friends", it's still something I struggle with. I've been doing good getting back into church. Went through the temple in January. :) I'm reading my scriptures more and praying.. and with K too. We have been reading the scriptures together at night.I read it and then explain it to him in "lamans terms" haha.. and it helps him understand it, and me, who'm I kiddin..ha and he has been getting into it. I love it! Many of you probably haven't even gotten this far since I've just babbled on, but I think this is just for my own therapy. :).. so I'll just keep writing.. ha well, I should be going to bed.. long day, and the last few nights I haven't gotten much sleep. At least I have tomorrow off, just have to get the kiddo up for school! I LOVE THOSE DAYS! Well, I was writing while my last video uploaded and it STILL hasn't finished..geeze!.. I hope everyone has a good night.

ok, so I had to re-upload it and it gets to randomly go at the bottom.. that's how things are working today.. I'm getting to bed now!

3 comments:

Mandi Roth said...

He really is such a cutie! I loved your post! It does seem like therapy huh? I'm too scared to really share how i feel about things. Little kids are funny in the way they think things happen or should happen.

Skeeter said...

i luv ya! thanks for venting... i am so not alone. THANKFULLY! Yay for K asking his dad. That's so great! Yeah, Dad... what's up with that. ;) What a precious little man. I loved that he and Jeryn were playing with his toys on the boxes at Wally World.. that was awesome! thanks for the post! i need to vent more... i think i may start a sep blog (private) for venting only. hahaha

~Heidi~ said...

the separate blog thing is a GREAT idea!!! ;) Thanks.. for everything! :)